Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New Toys!

My new Oliso iron finally arrived!  I just love it - it has little feet that retract when you touch the handle.  This allows you to leave your iron in a horizontal position at all times.  When you are ironing large pieces of fabric or small pieced blocks that allows you free use of your hands.  Takes a little bit of getting used to, but once your're accustomed to it you'll find it very hard to go back to a conventional iron.  It turn itself on and off and steams like a dream.  This is my 2nd Oliso; the first one is 5 years old and was beginning to show it's age a little.  When you use an iron everyday in your studio it does take some wear and tear.  I will be taking both Oliso's to the retreat so that everyone can play with them too!



Last night during "Cupcake Wars" I decided to cut out a project that I could sew during our retreat free time.  I used my Go!Cutter "Tumbling Block" die and cut up all the red and white fabric left from my stash.  Using the free pattern that came with the die I will make a twin size quilt to use as a quilted sample for by booth in April.  I was curios as to how long it would take to get organized, iron the fabric and cut:  1 hour!  Just enough time to hear the end of "Cupcake Wars"


Last weekend I started this table runner project using the Go!Cutter "Rose of Sharon" die.  It's very quick, as you only have to make 3 blocks, set on point with a nice focal fabric.  I finished the fused raw edges with a very small zig-zag and Superior Rainbows thread.  It's still a little puckery, but that will go away when I quilt it!  Love that fused applique!


No comments:

Post a Comment